Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lovin’ Lent

Pin It

I just love Lent. 

I don't know what it is exactly, but forty days to prepare for the greatest celebration in our Christian faith... it is overwhelming. Good grief...I am not even pregnant this year and I have already cried twice just getting my supplies together. Sacrifice, Repentance, Forgiveness. Those words and Christ’s story are overflowing into every corner of this house.

What do we have to offer the King? I just keep asking myself this question over and over…like breathing.

I LONG for so much during lent. I long for more of Christ, for my kids to soak in mass amounts of God's word. I want them to see and understand the Great Story. I want them to understand how their faith fits together. I want them to understand that we CELEBRATE our faith and take time to enjoy it.

Forty days to throw off this world and put on more of Christ. To flood our minds with the life us Christ.  Why? So we have more appreciation for what he did for us on that Cross. So we are prepared for Easter Sunday. So our hearts can truly be grateful for what sacrifice was made on our behalf.

Thank you Jesus!

I will be posting some of our Lenten activities later, but here are a few from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...