Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Sisters

Pin It
Tonight I am unpacking a bag of clothes my sister borrowed for a trip. It makes me think two things: Number one...I am glad I own some clothes that are cute enough to borrow (miracles still do happen). Sadly, I am just realizing it was a pregnant sister who was doing the borrowing, but I am refusing to spend too much time on that fact. Except to say that I am blushing right now and feeling a little more motivated to ease up on the chips and dip.

ANYWAY…Number two…I love having sisters and having them nearby.

I remember when I first got married and it seemed so lonely on Sunday mornings getting ready for church. What? My husband didn't want to sit on the toilet as I combed my hair? My sisters and I used to go from closet to closet, cram in the bathroom to do our makeup, and sit on toilet, floor or wherever just to chat. It was such a treat and I never really appreciated it until I didn't experience it anymore.

It really just makes me want to be a sister to more people because I love it so much. I want others to experience that joy, especially if they don’t have a sister or do, but not close by. I will drop a new book off to a sister, a magazine I saw with something in it I know they are interested in, a new pair of ankle books or message them a quote I know they would love.

Sisters  tell me my house smells like poop, that I need a haircut, or encourage me to lose that last 10 pounds. Life is so easy with them because I know they love me and would trip over themselves to help me.

I have a few ladies that our turning into sisters-from-another-mother. I love reaching that place with ladies where you don’t worry if your child screams the whole time they are at their house, because their child did last week at your house. Letting them see you with no makeup on and your husband’s pajama pants and knowing they like you better because of it!

Women are pure joy. I love the time I get to spend laughing and sharing life with these special ladies God has put in my life. I hope I can be the same encourager to them as they are to me!

I couldn't find a picture of just the ladies, but I guess the guys in this pic are alright too!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. EVIE! How are those little men? I know your sister is such a blessing too! I still want to try that foot scrub that she made you. That looked so yummy!

      Delete
  2. Makes me wish I had a sister growing up! I begged for one but alas it didn't happen. I'm now enjoying my sisters from another mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany, Thanks for stopping by! My mom had one sister and she didn't live close. Her girlfriends were like my Aunts. I know those ladies are like her sisters.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...