Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Fits and Failures

Pin It We started another book club/ bible study last week. I am absolutely, head-over-heels, in love with these ladies. We laughed so hard about jean jumpers and homeschooling and still managed to shared some serious mothering/wife struggles. It is the perfect blend. This is why I have to tell my husband not to worry if it is midnight and I am still not home.

Our book for the week "Give them Grace" by Elyse Fitzpatrick is resonating so deeply with me. I am a doer by nature. I like to get the job done, see results and check it off my list. I want to do that with my children too. Fed. Check. Clothed. Check. Taught about Jesus. Check. Verse memorized. Check. Going to Heaven. Check. Okay, now I can take a deep breath and relax. I did what I was supposed too.

However, as I read this book I am reminded why God gave us these beautiful children, to point them to the unmerited love of our Savior.  There is nothing I can do or they can do that would deserve this love. My job is to simply tell them the story of Jesus' love for us and pray with all my strength they will be drawn into it like I am.

The fits and disobedience are not a result of the good (or bad job) that I am doing, but a sign of their need to know Christ. A cry to experience his love and need to know Him and please Him. When I read this verse I could truly rest: "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the (boy or girl) who takes refuge in him!" (Ps. 34:8). I point my children to Christ. That is my job and my calling as a mother and daughter of the King. No amount of disobedience or bad days can change the promises of our Lord.

  Everyday is an opportunity to share the Story.


A picture of Abigail having a fit in her crib. A reminder that I sin and have fits and God continues to offer me his love and grace. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...