Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Hubs

Pin It The Devil Eyes. I tried to talk myself through it, pull myself together, but when my hubs walked threw that door they unexpectedly greeted him.

The Crazy Eyes. Devil Eyes. You know, the kind of look when your eyebrows are trying to slick back your hair. The one where you are sure your eyes are just watering for no reason. The look of your last brain cell, that you had been hanging on to so tightly, just slipped out your mesh strainer of  a brain.

He knew right away. He lovingly sat me down at the table and stroked my hair in an aggressive pat only a man can pull off.

"I am taking the kids on Friday so you can get some work done."

Eyebrows lowering.

 I love that man. 

I am sitting here in a quiet, clean house for one night. I crossed some biggies off my to-do list and I feel like I can breath again.

No two year old pooping on the floor. No four year old stabbing his brothers eye out. No oatmeal in the ears or kids in snowsuits that have to pee. No wiping, feeding, crying, or correcting. Parenting makes cleaning your house and doing your taxes for 10 hours seem like a vacation.

I got rid of the piles, the dust, the clutter and a few scary things that I wasn't sure about.

God knew what he was doing when he created the hubby and wife combo.

Thanking God for husbands today. No matter who they are or what they do or don't do. They add their own special touch to each home.



Now...trying to think of something special I can do for him...

2 comments:

  1. Bob, i love you, and I think we should hang out sometime in March...we'll be in town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn Marie, You just tell me when. You can come over for the whole day. We can rock babies, and bake bread and chat, chat, chat. I can't wait!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...