Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Turning Struggles into Gratefullness

Pin It
I had a turning point day today as I chose to take the seemingly big struggles of the day and turn them into a grateful heart. Both of the boys are sick and waking up in the middle of the night which equals very little sleep. As I was doing my devotion this morning I was thinking and praying about all the moms who have kids with severe disabilities or fatal diseases. I am so blessed to have two healthy boys with only occasional sicknesses. I couldn't help but thank God it was only the flu and it would pass. Then Justin got in a car accident and call to let me know. Even though I was thinking about how much it would cost to fix the car I had to end feeling thankful because my husband is alive and not hurt at all. God is so good. I have so much to be thankful for that is just the start. My prayer is that I can view sickness as an opportunity for answered prayers and disappointment and an opportunity to expect more of God.
Here are a few recent pics:
Spencer catching up on his magizine reading
Baking cookies for dad's trip

Jackson on the move


Spencer testing mom's cookies for her



1 comment:

  1. this is SUCHA GREAT post, Krista! i am so guilty of being ungrateful and even a total poop-head about things like sickness and other things that cost money. But you're so right, we have SO MANY things to be thankful for...thanks for the reminder!
    oh, and i cannot believe you baked cookies without me, you lil rat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...