Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baltimore

Pin It It is 8:40 at night and every one is in bed. Including Justin... that man... he somehow coaxed Spencer into sleeping in our bed with him. Spence would NEVER EVER EVER fall asleep with me. I love that it is something only Justin can get him to do. When I am at home with the boys all day I feel like I am awarded a lot of special moments, so it is nice to see.

We got home from Baltimore yesterday at 3:30 in the morning. My hubby and I went away for four nights just the two of us. Thanks to Mom and Dad Bartlettt and Aunt Alisa for watching the boys. It was a delight to spend that much time with my hubby. We had a booth set up to promote the fundraiser for the farm. We had about a 15 minute walk to the convention center from our hotel in the morning and it was beautiful out every day. We stayed right in the heart of dowtown, ate at a bunch of nice restuarants, went on a boat tour, went to the National aquarium, and the list goes on.

What really hit me hard during this trip was that I realized that if I didn't stay home I wouldn't have been able to go on this trip. I probably wouldn't have been able to take 4 days off, because I would be saving my vacation days for a family vacation or sick kids. I proably REALLY wouldn't have wanted to leave the boys because I would be gone from them so much already. I was able to bless my husband, by saying with my presence, your job is important, what you do is important and if I can come along side you in any way... I will.... I am on your team. He was so happy to show me what he does, talk about his work, and have me all to himself. And I am honored that he would rather have me go with him then anyone else!

1 comment:

  1. i love this post! and yes, justin is great at his job. everytime i talk on the phone with him i think "wow, he has matured into such a wonderful young man and provider for his family." you can tell he really loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...