Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Discplined

Pin It Whoa... I love and hate that word at the same time. I want to be the most discipline person on the planet and sadly it seems my dream never comes true. However, I am proud to say I am making baby steps. I look back at the last five years and I have defintley gained some ground and I hope the next five will prove even more sucessful.
My sister and I have been getting together to help each other be accountable to shed a few nasty pounds that keep (literally) hanging around. We have had good days and bad days, but over all we are feeling quite victorious, not only in our eating, but in our quiet times, exercise and the over all captians we are of our families. Thank you Lord for conviction, repentance, and prayer. He is teaching me those lessons over and over again.
The main thing I want to remember and encourage anyone else with the struggle of discipline (in any area) is GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You hate that you are doing something you don't want to do, or not doing something you know you should. Make a plan and make a change. And if that plan doesn't work perfectly, make some changes and keep on keeping on. If we never try to bring our yucky habits and slothfulness into obedience to Christ, it will never change.
So here is to another week of victory in Christ. To becoming a better mom, wife, and child of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...