Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Fence

Pin It My dear, dear (one "dear" if defintely not enough under the circumstances) husband is building me a fence for my backyard. This is #1 on my honey-do list. I have been wanting a fence since Spence started to practice his 400m dash. So we got a great deal on PVC fencing (one of my other dreams) and last Saturday was the day.
Our brother-in-law David kindly offered his fence expertise and the two of them worked at it from 7 a.m to 9:30 p.m.
Only the posts are in.
They seemed to experience a comedy of errors for the first half of the day. Thank the Lord I had a baby shower to go to. All I could do was pray for them from afar.
From their stories it seems like...
- the wrong fence was dropped off
- there was no more of the right fence
- they needed hinges for the gates ( I ran to Home Depot at 7 am)
- David forgot tools at his house and turned around twice to run back for things
- They had to call the electrtian to find the power line
- They tractor broke
- They went to four stores to find the part
- The store with the part was closed
- And...it was raining
This is the great this about God... they both had such positive attitudes and we were all laughing about it and thankful for what did get done by the end of the day. It is truely only with the Lord's help that they were able to be so patient.
They are hopefully going to finish it up tonight, Lord willing. Then tomorrow I will be able to release the boys into their new outdoor home!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Whata vivid and hilarious pic I got from reading this post!!! My fave quote was that they worked on it from 7am to 9pm and only the posts are up!!! hahahah aw, how i wish we lived closer so my hubby could've been in on the fiasco!!! yea for a fence for the lil sprinter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unreal! You can't make that stuff up! But what a blessing that both Dav and Sprinks were smiling still at the end of all of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome oppurtunity to invest in family! You and Justin are the most WONDERFUL people to do ANYTHING for...you are both the most appreciative and thankful people I have ever met. Want to be just like you someday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...