Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Big Helpers

Pin It If I have never said it before... I love where we live. I get overwhelmed by my garden and canning and freezing and picking, BUT, somehow, it energizes me as well. The corn is ready, the tomatoes are thinking about it, the zucchini is never ending and now there is an apple tree with millions of apples on it. So the boys and I tested out our apple tree today to see if they were even edible. I am very excited because I think it may be my ticket to a unlimited supply of applesauce and frozen apple slices (and a little sad thinking about the lack of sleep). So we picked, carried, and peeled just a few apples off our tree and the boys were so helpful.
Here is the photo journal for your viewing pleasure.

Gathering apples

Spencer was handing apples to Jackson because he couldn't get in the wagon

Making his way to mom

Yeah! He made it... with Spence hot on his trail

My apple pealing station

Observing my work

Snack Time!

A few other garden goodies

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what wonderful helpers! how precious! and can i just say how very jealous i am of all your yummy garden goodies??? wish i was close so i could help you eat them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, we did peaches and jam at mom's missed you! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! I'm so impressed by you and all that you get accomplished with your two helpers! Love you and praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...