Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Pin It I love reading everyone else's blogs from Thanksgiving. They all seem to say it so much better then me. However, I am very thankful... and that will have to just be enough today.
We are very blessed here in the Bartlett household and it was nice to have a day just to think about what the Lord has really given us. I can get so caught up in the day to day that I lose sight of the big picture. Thank you Jesus for continuing to remind me of your generous hand upon our lives.
Justin has a DVD of Hillsong (the Australian music group) and as we watched that today I was reminded of all of God's precious children all around the world that have so much less then us. They had on statistics that said 30,000 children under 5 die every day from poverty. As a mom of 2 under five, soon to be three, that is a heart breaker. I am so thankful I can care for my kids don't live in fear that we won't be able to provide for their needs. I had a hunger building up in me today to teach our kids, every day of the year, to act out of a heart of gratefulness. I don't want selfishness, or pickiness, or unthankful hearts to take root in our home because it is not teaching them to be aware of God's other little gems who don't have anything. We can be content with so little and I want that to start with me.
What a great day. A time to reflect on God's blessings always pushes me towards changing my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...