Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May Days (Daze)

Pin It I should be picking up right now, maybe scraping the rice crispy treat droppings of my floor. BUT... I am too tired. My feet are on fire. Literally, FIRE. I have to soak them at night, in the tub, in ice cold water before I can fall asleep.

I have hidden from my blog for the last week because I know I don't have the time to write anything that would make a bit of sense. I had high hopes for this month. At the beginning it looked quite open and carefree and now it has turned into a whirlwind of events. I secretly like the busyness (because it keeps my mind off my growing belly), but I still complain to my husband about how tired and overworked I am just because I want him to say I am a superhero. He does not say it... he just looks at me with his "your crazy" expression and moves on. Love ya Babe.

Really... in the last week

  •  My hubby brought home 25 pounds of asparagus for me to somehow "put up" (do you have any idea what 25 pounds of asparagus looks like?)
  • Justin was studying, took, and passed his Real Estate Brokers test (Great job Babe!). 
  • The garden shed in getting a face lift
  • The front of the house is tore up
  • Three rental houses need to be cleaned
  • We are doing a garage sale with my in-laws this weekend and the boys are selling baked goods (bless their little hearts, they love to help with the prep, but it is slow going)
  • It is warm... so I feel like if I don't hang my laundry on the line I will go to Frugal Mom Hell, which must be a real place because my cloths are hangin' on the line
  • My flowers... my beautiful flowers... will freeze or die if I leave them unattended
AND...My babies... my beautiful three babies... are growing up and needing to be cuddled and disciplined and snuggled and showered (that is not happening enough) and corrected and taught and smiled at and so much more.

It is crazy here, but this summer is looking so very sweet!

4 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) and foot massage to you

    Chocolate dipped pretzel rods were a hot seller at the Bible Bee bake sale last weekend, Krista. Easy for kids to help with also.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have done the pretzel rods Amy, but I didn't have time to run to the store today. Next time... I hope the cinnamon rolls and monster cookie bars do the trick. Good thing my boys have no clue about the value of money so they will be happy anyway.

      Delete
  2. Caught your blog through Tonya (FB)! Haven't seen you in years (or your sister, please pass along a Congrats on her newest arrival), it's nice to see you & your family doing well! I had issues with burning feet during my pregnancies as well; try wetting a comfy pair of socks, ring them out well & place them in the freezer. You may need to work them in your hands for a minute to get them on your feet (repeat as necessary), but they will bring relief while your busy with your day & help with the swelling! ;) Hope this helps!
    Nicole (McLain) Root

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, Thank you for sharing and I will pass on your congrats to Sarah. That ice cold pair of socks sounds amazing right now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...