Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Spending Time with Dad

Pin It  Since the arrival of our newest little treasure dad has really stepped up to the plate with our other three littles. Our house is a constant buzz of activity and the minute he walks in the door after work he hops into "POWER DAD" mode. It literally takes all of both of our energy and efforts to go anywhere... church, over to some ones house for dinner, or most recently, a 3 day trip to Pennsylvania (that is another post).

I have learned to let go of my aspirations to spend a lot of quality time with our older ones during this season of life, and  for now, Justin is getting to enjoy the fruits of special time with the kids. He always has one of the boys with him now and they are loving the extra dad time they are getting.

Golfing has seemed to be the activity of choice when mom needs a break and the house needs to be quieted down for a few hours. The boys love to be on the course with their dad and soak up the time with him. I look at these pictures and I envision the day the boys will be grown and out of the house and they call their dad to meet them on the course. I dream and pray over the conversations, character training, and teaching that will occur on that lush, green grass.

For now, I am happy and thankful just for a few minutes of peace and quiet, but I know in the future that time with dad on the course will mean so much more to them.






My favorite pic... both boys trying to keep up with dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...