Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Reusing Tissue Paper

Pin It After my Grandma came to visit I got to work on my tissue paper pile. She is the one who taught me how to salvage tissue paper so it is always on my mind after she stops in.

It is very simple. IRON. I put all of my tissue paper that I get from baby gifts with my ironing pile and after I'm done with my ironing I unplug the iron and spread my tissue paper out on my ironing board and smooth it out with the iron. It looks like new afterwards. Then I fold it up and store it away with all of my gift bags to be re-gifted at a later date.

I have not bought tissue paper since I got married. Four kids in four years = a lot of tissue paper.


A couple tips:

  • If you have water in your iron...dump it out. Water and tissue paper do not mix.
  • If you just want to do the tissue paper, put it on the lowest heat setting your iron has.
  • If the paper is ripped to begin with, throw it out. No amount of ironing will make that piece look like new.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm you are better than I! I just smooth and fold.. I haven't ironed more than 10 things in 7 years of marriage! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...