Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Great-Nana

Pin It
My Grandma came to visit me yesterday. She is 85 and she drove 2 hours just to come see our newest addition. You would think after 20 great-grandchildren from my parents family alone some of the excitement would wear off. But... no, I guess it doesn't.

To my kids she is Great Nana and she did not 
disappoint. She came through the door with a treat (when we were kids we would always run out to her car because we new she would have a treat for us).

That is all I accomplished yesterday. A visit with grandma. There is something exceptionally special about sitting with the lady who sat with your mom when you were born. Hannah got the same cuddles and back scratches that I got when I came home from the hospital. Thanks Gram for stopping in!



The pictures started out with Great Nana and Hannah


Then Abigail needed to slide into the picture. She is too much... look at that smile


And then cousin Alisha slid in next. It was a couch full of fun!


1 comment:

  1. Krista as I read your blog this morning I was unexpectedly toppled with a new wave of grief. I lost my mom 21 years ago, but this feels so fresh again right now as I wait with Kate for her first baby, my first grandbaby. I can't help but feel my mom's absence. It is so to see that you recognize how exceptionally special a visit from "great nana" is - a huge blessing for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...