Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

We partied in May!

Pin It
We party HARD in May. We have four of our seven birthdays in that month. My in-laws have an anniversary and Mother's Day is thrown in there.
To be honest, I haven't felt quite right for the last two months. We are getting closer to figuring out what is wrong, but these parties, gift wrapping and shopping almost seemed like too much this year. I really wanted to sleep instead of make Hulk pudding cups. I would have liked to shave my legs instead of make watermelon cutouts, but we made it through by downsizing expectations and asking for some help along the way.
I really want Pinterest birthdays for my kids, not for me, but for them. A birthday is so magical and fun and I have a thousand ideas of how to make it that way. No other time do kids get to have a whole day to celebrate how much God and their family love them. So we had to find a way to still celebrate, but not be left feeling exhausted and unable to wake from a coma in the morning.
Here were a few things that helped:
·        I planned ahead and bought presents before.
·        I doubled up my parties (my boys have never had their own party yet...maybe next year...hahaha, yeah right).
·        I asked my mom to make a cake and then a bought another one.
·        I didn't clean as well as I wanted too before people came over (no one noticed and it was trashed afterwards anyway).
·        I bought a lot of things to make it fun instead of making all of my Pinterest ideas (the boys loved the store bought pinata as much as a homemade yard game).
·        I didn't let friends spend the night (boys will be up until 2 in the morning GUARANTEED) but let them invite a few more for a couple hours.
·        I let my husband feed my kids cereal twice on Mother's Day instead of worrying about dinner.
·        I made one thing and did it with the kids so it was fun instead of a stressful list I HAD to get done.


The month played out so nicely that I might do less and less every year!

Cousins are the best party pals.

Amazing hubby working his grill magic. The father-in-laws offering support and encouragement. 

Party table. I snapped this before there was pretzels in the punch and dill pickle juice dripping on the floor. 


Some of the most fun boys ever!


Why not have Dorito cheese all over your hands? IT IS A PARRRRRTY!


 My Super hero Mom rescued the cake decorating. 
Those stones were chocolate.
 Those were for me.

I topped off our birthday festivities with a breathing treatment party and tired Momma picture.

Mom thought: I have to be able to draw the line somewhere. I will never be able to do it all. Whatever, I am able to do I can do it with grace, laughter and honor to God! That is what they will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...