Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daily Bible Time

Pin It I picked up two books for the boys on my bookstore date with my hubby. These have been an easy way to get  a bible story and a fun activity in for the day without much prep on my part. I try to do this a couple times a week, but the boys love it so much they ask to do it most every day. I don't have to be creative because all I have to do it read a story and help put some stickers on. This opens up a world of conversation when we get to talk about who gave Samson his strength and how God helped David when Goliath was so big and strong. Now I hear the boys talking about being the Israelites when they are in their room playing.



The first book is the Read and Share Bible. It comes with two DVDs. I read the story to the boys and then they get to watch it on the DVD. This is quite a treat since we have limited TV watching in our house. 

The second book is all stickers. There are a different assortment of stories in the sticker bibleThere is a short description of a story and then 5-7 stickers to put on that go with that story. The stickers are amazing and very detailed and they boys LOVE them. The sticker book doesn't have all the same stories and the Read and Share Bible, but if there are parallel stories I do them both on the same day to reinforce the story a little more. If the stories don't line up I find the matching story in another bible or we will just watch the DVD one day and do the sticker bible the next day.

However we do it, it is a great way to get some great bible stories in and talk about the God who made it all happen.

Some little sweet treats that I have noticed since we have started reading these:
  • Spencer telling me we don't have to be scared because Jesus lives in our heart.
  • Jack saying we can do something because God helped Samson push down the pits (he refuses to say pillars, they are pits. I think we have a little bit of Joseph and his brothers throwing him in the pit mixed in there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...