Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

The Psalms of Life

Pin It Yesterday was one of those days. 

You know, the day when life just comes to a head and you think, "THAT IS IT!" If one more child gets hurt, interrupts me, pees on the floor, yells for me continually until the minute they see the whites of my eyes, slaps their brother, or even needs anything... I am going to lose it. Oh, and I did lose it. You know, those moments when you are standing at the kitchen sink and the tears are rolling down, but your still washing the dishes daw-gone-it! If were to write a psalm  I would have sounded like David when he said, "Why have you hid your face from me?".

I wish I could say I just knelt at the foot of the cross at that moment, gave the day to my Jesus, and let his Words of Truth refresh me... BUT it took me a little longer. That is why I am writing this post today.....

My poor husband came home late, my back went out, spring has come to life in my house, dinner was not the dream I hoped it would be and I couldn't seem to chose joy in those moments. This is very sad to me since we just had a two hour bible study on this very subject. The steadfastness of our faith, no matter what life brings us. God is the same and his Word is the same in the hard days and the blessed days.

It took a good talk with my mom to snap me back into focus. Her wisdom was in the C's. Contentment, Creativity and I can't remember the other one (must not have been too life changing). I always laugh at her because I don't think she realizes she has left me with a mini three point sermon at the end of her calls.
Contentment was the key for me today. I need to learn to be content when my back hurts and when it doesn't. I need to be content if my husband is late or early, if kids are naughty or kind. My God does not change and neither should my attitude. Whoa... why couldn't I just do that yesterday?

Creativity was the realization that there are different seasons in life and we may not be able to do everything that we would love to do, but how can we be creative in the season that we have. My problem is that I hate not being productive. It is beautiful outside and I want to be cleaning and raking and picking up. My back was not allowing for that and I was getting more and more frustrated as the day went on. What else could I have been doing with that time that would of been a blessing? Maybe it could have been just sitting outside in the lawn chair with the kids and praying over them.

Ahhhhh, what good lessons. The sun and rain of life is what makes us grow in our walk with the Lord. I need to embrace the rainy days and be steadfast through them.

4 comments:

  1. Love you, Krista! Thanks for being real. Off to get a kleenex now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Ame. Grab a Kleenex for me. I seem to be crying all the time for some reason or another.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this Krista! You are so encouraging and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, I love to read your blog too. The camaraderie of like-minded moms is encouraging!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...