Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What happened to my laugh?

Pin It
" A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up bones." Proverbs 17:22
 
A few weeks ago Justin and I were watching some videos from when we were dating, engaged and our honeymoon. At first I could only stare at my impressively white teeth, but after I got past that, I realized I was just showing my teeth more in general. I was laughing more.
I felt like I didn't know those two people on the video. They liked each other so much. Watching those videos you would think that Justin was a professional comedian. If I wasn't laughing, I had my lips curled heavenward, like I was just anticipating the good times to come. What a refreshing sight to watch.
As we near our anniversary of being married 5 years I am trying to think of what gift I can give my husband that would strengthen our marriage. It was so good for me to see that I have changed since we were dating. I always thought he was the one who got so serious after we were married, harden by work, fatigue, real life and bills. I can see now that I have robbed our marriage of some key treasures that we had when we first met.
I want to take that joy and carefree spirit back into our marriage and into my role as a mother. Why can't I let the peace of the Holy Spirit give me joy in all things? Why can't I bless my husband by letting my countenance show that I love being around him?


I plan to start.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news bring health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I needed to read this today. Thanks fir the reminder to fond joy in all things and to gift that to my husband.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...