Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First We Have Coffee

Pin It
A new staple for my life, this book is going right beside my bible and staying there. I will hopefully read it a million times before I die. This is our second bible study book and I am loving discussing motherhood and faith with these ladies. 

It is the story of a mother written from her oldest daughters memories of her, stories that she told and lived. I want to be just like this lady and I want my children to someday be able to see a legacy of faith as easily in my life as this daughter did in her mother. I know my life will never be the same after reading it. This mother handled the ups and downs of life with such grace and seasoned every moment with the truth of God's word. She was one of those people you look for a reason to spend time with. She reminds me so much of my own mother and to make it even more special this book was originally my Grandma VanderWeide's who was also a great women of faith. 

I think I cried on every chapter and was so convicted I must have spent more time apologizing for my unchrist-like behavior then actually reading the book. What a blessing and a treasure! A true story of a Christian living a steadfast and disciplined life in Christ no matter what life brought her. A must read for every mom.

I think I ordered 6 copies off Amazon and I have given them all away already!

3 comments:

  1. Krista,
    I love reading your blog posts. You are (and always have been) so encouraging and a great example of Christ' love in your heart and in your life. Thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful gift God has blessed you with; keep on writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, You are so sweet. I am just writing what God lays on my heart throughout the day. I don't want to forget these precious days that we have with our little ones and the huge job we have before us. I love reading your blog too and hearing the update on your family. Let me know if you guys are planning a Northern Michigan visit this summer!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, just finished reading this, thanks to your recommendation. What a jewel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...